New Year, New You and so the Tea Adventure begins...
Drinking Tea for Wellness
Nowadays we are faced with wide range choices of loose leaf teas, from Camellia sinensis plants (which produces green, white, black and oolong tea), Rooibos (Redbush Tea), Honeybush, Yerba Mate to Herbals and Spice blends. It could be overwhelming, but the good thing is that we will not get bored. Find those teas that work for you however, let’s keep our mind open and free, and our taste buds open to any possibility …
Camellia sinensis, is part of the evergreen family whose leaves and leaf buds are used to produce (green, white, black and oolong) tea, and is appreciated for its antioxidant properties and health benefits.
Yerba Mate is a natural stimulant hailing from South America, known as the drink of friendship and health. It has the “strength of coffee, the health benefits of tea, and the euphoria of chocolate"
Rooibos (Redbush)Tea has gained popularity as a healthy, thirst quenching, delicious, caffeine-free option and healthy beverage in North America in recent years. Like it's relative Honeybush Tea, it does not originate from the tea plant, but belongs to the legume family. However, this does not matter for real tea lovers. Both are native plants growing only in South Africa and containing a bounty of incredible minerals such as iron, calcium, potassium, copper, manganese, zinc, magnesium and alpha hydroxy acid. High in antioxidants, such as aspalathin and nothofagin. This tea is power-packed with nutrients our body needs. If you are looking for alternative tea beverages without caffeine nor tannin's, Rooibos and Honeybush Tea is the answer!
Wellness Blends are herbal blends that are meant to renew the body, mind and spirit.
As we all may have known the benefits of drinking tea for our wellness, but do we know that drinking tea regularly would also impact our well being?
Drinking Tea for Well-being
Drinking Tea is very simple but it is not about doing chores in a flash minute: put the kettle on, scoop a spoon full of tea leaves into a filter basket, pour the hot water over the tea leaves, take the tea leaves out, make a huge blow to your cup with a wish to cool it down fast enough and do a big gulp then go!
Drinking tea in the morning to start your day or in the afternoon in between your hectic day and/or in the evening, at the end of your day or actually a time to take a break. It’s sort of a meditation moment, it’s a quiet time. We need that. Our mind and soul need it. Pick any teas that you enjoy and you can feel it uplifts your mind, body and spirit. Don’t be afraid to try something different even the teas that you may once have thought weren't your cup of tea, but it could be now.
Here are some choices that we think could be a good try :
- Wellness Blend Moringa Apple --- It’s caffeine free yet energy boosting. You will find his tea is not only flavourful and refreshing but also full of beneficial compounds that promote energy and wellness.
- Black Tea Pu Erh Fit and Fun ---- This passion fruit tasting tea blend will keep you fit
- Green Tea and White Tea Forever Young ---- This white and green tea blend brings heaven and earth together with its fruity taste of black currants and the pleasant taste of jasmine.
- Mate Brasiliano --- Full bodied and smooth flavour of gently roasted mate leaves, combined with the taste of fine chocolate and toffee.
- Rooibos and Tulsi ‘Holy Basil’ ---- A true relaxing herbal tea blend with Tulsi also know as 'Holy Basil' Tulsi in Sanskrit means 'the incomparable'. It is considered to be one of the most important herbs in Ayurveda. It is used for many different conditions one of them is to relief stress- Fruit Tea Wildberry Cocktail ---- An enticing blend of berries that will help you stay fresh and invigorated all day long.
- Matcha Green Tea ---- This Matcha with its high concentration of antioxidants will give you steady energy boost throughout the day. Our Matcha is organically grown, harvested and handcrafted in Nishio, Aichi. It has a smooth, complex vegetal flavour with a full palette with a silky finish and a gentle, natural sweetness.
When you are at the point to say, “naaah, I never made my new year resolution” You are not alone. But keep this thought in mind : first, New Year is about transformation. We try to make (simple) changes in the new year and we have 12 months to go, not easy but don’t give up! Second, start with small and manageable. Don’t put to much stress that will break the camel’s back. Third, appreciate and celebrate little things, what you have achieved.
Drink More Tea, it’s good for your soul, body and mind!